5 Reasons To limit or avoid this super food-
1) Alfalfa is the fourth largest crop in the United States and highly sprayed with pesticide. Consuming certified organic would be a wise option, but if you suffer concerned health issues, such as Lupus, autoimmune disorders, and certain hormonal issues, you may want to steer clear of alfalfa.
2) Alfalfa has phyto-estrogenic properties and a disrupting amino acid L-canavanine. Those with auto immune issues, especially Lupus should stay clear of this super food.
3) Avoid alfalfa if you suffer rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, thyroid disease, or have a hormone sensitive cancer or disease, fibroids, or endometriosis. Consider avoiding this plant and ingredient in your super foods products or dietary supplements.
4) Many superfood companies still use alfalfa because it is one of the least expensive and cost effective crops, is alkaline forming, and contains vitamins and minerals. Keep in mind when you consume a super food product, especially on a near daily basis you’re ingesting quite a bit of the plant properties, including any chemical herbicides, fertilizers, and pesticides. One typical 10 gram scoop of a powdered super food is equivalent to consuming a nutrient value of approximately 4 to 6 servings of fruits and vegetables void the water content. Wouldn’t it be wise to consume certified organic or certified naturally grown to avoid pesticide and other chemicals?
5) Rawrlife Superfoods has been a pioneer in alfalfa free dietary super foods and is USDA Certified Organic, and with no gluten, corn, soy, or wheat.